2020-C Moshin Rose of Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley, California (750ml)
About the Icons
A Seasonal Rosé Wine Club Selection
Bright salmon hue with a touch of pink. Aromas of juicy red fruit. The palate shows layered flavors of pluot, pink grapefruit and a hint of fresh, red apple. Well- balanced with zesty acidity and a nicely focused finish.
Rick Moshin has been sustainably farming his Estate Pinot Noir vineyards and producing terroir-driven, naturally delicious wines in the Russian River Valley since 1989. The early 1990’s found Rick teaching mathematics at San Jose State University during the week and farming his 10-acre vineyard on the weekends. During this time, he connected with Sonoma winemaking icons and grape growers such as Davis Bynum, Gary Farrell, and Joe Rochioli—gleaning knowledge, grape cuttings and even selling some of his own grapes to Davis Bynum for a Bynum-Moshin designate bottling. These deep roots in the history of Russian River Valley winemaking have built a solid foundation upon which Moshin Vineyards has grown, culminating in 25 acres of Estate vineyards and a state of the art, four-tier gravity-flow winery. The 2020 Moshin Rosé is predominately estate-grown Pinot Noir that was harvested early to avoid contact with accumulating smoky conditions, which also resulted in smaller production for the 2020 vintage. 70% is free run juice collected during the bin dumping and hand sorting of the grapes. The remaining 30% is from specially selected picks that were pressed and native yeast fermented in stainless steel separately from the free run juice.