FLIGHT NIGHT: Gaja Wines, Italy - Expired Event
Flight Nights at Mission Bay - Gaja edition!
Located in Piedmont in northwestern Italy, the GAJA winery is widely considered to be one of the greatest estates in the world, producing coveted and collectible wines. GAJA has led Barbaresco to international acclaim and brought about a resurgence of Italian wines.
The story of the GAJA Winery can be traced to a singular, founding purpose: to produce original wines with a sense of place which reflect the tradition and culture of those who made it. This philosophy has inspired five generations of impeccable winemaking. GAJA is a pioneer and guardian of tradition, a legacy that continues to reshape the standard for excellence in the world of winemaking today.
Don’t miss this rare opportunity to taste five of these remarkable wines.
- 2019 Ca Marcanda, Promis, Toscana - The elegance and suppleness of Merlot and Syrah, complemented by the vibrant structure of Sangiovese, Tuscany’s emblematic grape. Bottle $49
- 2018 GAJA Sito Moresco, Langhe - Violet, mulberry, red cherries, plums and fresh spice aromas greet your nose and lead to a very juicy, approachable style, characterized by balance and freshness. Bottle $58
- 2017 GAJA Dagromis, Barolo - A Barolo wine with backbone, structure and early appeal from two outstanding Barolo communes. With the round cherry and spice of La Morra and with the grip and structure of Serralunga. A thrill for Barolo lovers. Bottle $114
- 2016 GAJA Pieve Santa Restituta, Brunello di Montalcino, Rennina - Deep ruby color with vivid aromas of spices, licorice, rosemary, juniper and bark that give way to rose, pomegranate, blueberry, candied orange, pencil lead and walnut. Rich, graceful and lively on the palate, with a silky texture polished finish. Bottle $203
- 2012 GAJA Barbaresco – Gaja did not produce single vineyard Barbaresco in 2012 and this bottling benefits from grapes usually reserved for those selections. A sensual complexity of forest fruits, licorice and coffee on the nose leads to silky tannins, super ripe fruit in the mouth, with a long finish. Bottle $253 (very limited retail available)