Single Malt of Scotland Orkney 2009 12yr Scotch Whisky, Scotland (750ml)
Producer Notes ~ "Matured twice in American oak, Laphroaig Quarter Cask presents an irresistible doubling of flavor. Because the second maturation takes place in smaller, quarter-sized casks, the spirit has more contact with wood. This lends hints of coconut, banana and vanilla to the instantly recognizable Laphroaig flavor of smoky peat complemented by a surprising sweetness.
It should be enjoyed alone, over ice or with a splash of water to fully pay tribute to the unique flavor. Laphroaig Quarter Cask begins its maturation in ex-bourbon barrels and, while still aging, is transferred to small quarter casks. Aging in smaller barrels revives an old tradition, paying tribute to the master distillers who have perfected the Laphroaig process over two centuries."
- Aged twice: once in ex-bourbon barrels and once in quarter casks
- Maturation in smaller casks pays tribute to historic tradition
- Deep, complex whisky with flavors of smoky peat and subtle sweetness
- American oak lends flavors of coconut, banana and vanilla
- 2019 San Francisco World Spirits Award Gold